Therapy for Teens
Guidance for a Time of Transition.
Navigating the teenage years and the transition to adulthood is a challenge for every family. Developmentally, teens and young adults are all in a years-long process of shedding the role of “child” and growing into “adults.”
Teenagers seek freedom and feel increasingly empowered in their own decision making and viewpoints. As a result, parents and teens often get stuck in stressful, repetitive conflicts around responsibilities and priorities. Communication can suffer and everyone can leave arguments feeling misunderstood and resentful.
Therapy can help change destructive patterns and begin to reforge a family climate of harmony.
What can we help teens with?
- Rebuilding constructive communication between family members
- Strengthening thoughtful decision-making
- Developing a mature self-identity and identifying core values
- Moving from reactivity to self-reflection in interactions with family and peers
- Navigating substance experimentation
- Setting and accepting limits around screens, phones, social media, etc.
- Reducing anxiety around academics
- Reducing test anxiety
Call or inquire now to set up a free 15-minute phone consultation.
Reach out. We’ll work together to create goals and make a plan for your son, and then we’ll execute the plan together.